We would like to provide you with an update on our current Outbreak.
PCR testing was attended by Sonic on Sunday the 24th July.
We can report 2 residents returned a borderline result and have been retested on the 25th of July.
Both these residents reside on Peter Top East. Their NOK will be informed of their results as soon as we receive them.
We have had one further staff member who tested positive and had worked within their infectious period, since our last update.
Further PCR testing by Sonic will be occurring in both Peter Top East and Peter Top West on July 26th at 1130 am.
Both these areas of the Facility remain in lockdown.
To ensure we continue to contain this outbreak, and minimise the impact on the resident's lives, we will continue with the following:
• All staff working in Peter Top West and Peter Top East will be wearing full PPE
• Residents in Peter Top West and Peter Top East can continue to be visited by ONE nominated visitor during the outbreak period. The nominated visitor is automatically the resident's NOK unless specified otherwise by family or resident.
• This means that there will be only ONE person visiting for the whole outbreak period, not multiple different visitors. This assists with education around use of and disposal of full PPE and decreases the risk to the community.
• Visitors to Peter Top East and Peter Top West must put on gown, gloves and goggles (mask in place at entrance to the facility) prior to entering these areas. Gown must be secured at the back. When leaving the affected area, visitors must remove their gown and gloves prior to walking through the fire doors. Bins are located just inside the wings for disposal of the PPE.
• Nominated visits can be booked by contacting reception on 6243 3100 or emailing email@example.com
• Residents in Peter Top West and Peter Top East will be encouraged to remain in their area until further notice.
• Extra cleaning will occur in Peter Top West and Peter Top East.
• Extra staff have been allocated to Peter Top West and Peter Top East.
Any residents deemed as close contacts are able to leave the Facility with the following guidelines.
If you would like to take your loved one out please let reception know so that staff are able to be organised.
• If the resident returns a negative RA test on the day of going out, they must wear a mask whilst out of the Facility.
The remainder of the Facility will remain open to visits and outings as per normal procedure with a booking and negative RA test.
Residents in all other areas are free to move around normally.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of not visiting the Facility if you are unwell or are deemed a close contact. Please remember to check in through zipline and if you have any issues doing so, please let the concierge or reception staff know.
Once again we thank you for your cooperation and will ensure that we keep you informed along the way.